The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Document Controller is an integral part of Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. You will lead and oversee the environmental management practices of a construction project. You will not only ensure compliance with legal and contractual environmental requirements for the project but also contribute to WLNG’s enduring dedication to corporate social responsibility. The successful candidate will report directly to the Lead Document Controller and play an essential part in supporting the company’s engineering and senior management team through the project’s construction phase.
The successful applicant will:
- Manage project-related data and documentation (documents and drawings) for project execution and closeout within the company’s Electronic Document Management System.
- Review and update the company’s Document Management Plan from time to time.
- Provide document management oversight of company, contractor and supplier documentation and data.
- Coordinate with contractors and suppliers in the transmission and receiving of project data and documentation.
- Assist Lead Document Controller with company document management training.
- Assist with the creation of weekly and monthly document management status reports while ensuring timely receipt of contractor’s and supplier’s documentation (as well as the timely return of comments from the company to contractors and suppliers).
- Manage company Document Distribution Matrix.
- Work with contractors and suppliers to manage Master Document Registers – to ensure that the company receives all native files, data and documents in accordance with its contracts and subcontracts.
- Ensure all project data and documentation stored within the EDMS contains all metadata needed for search and retrieval.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of final handover of all project data and documentation to Operations.
- Ensure compliance by company, contractors and suppliers on required numbering, revisions, status, format, title, etc. of data and documentation.
- Assist Lead Document Controller and Quality Manager with the execution of periodic audits and take corrective actions, as needed, to ensure compliance.
- University or College Diploma, Records Management preferred.
- 5+ years of project document control experience on a significant capital EPC project, oil & gas project experience preferred.
- Knowledge of document management systems, including Aconex.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Must have experience with working in an integrated team environment.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and SharePoint.
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Communication/interpersonal skills – interacting with front-line workers through to management and all hierarchical levels.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be Innovative and vision-oriented with demonstrated ability to undertake strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and change priorities within tight time frames.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- A valid driver’s licence and passport.
- As required, the position is based in Houston, Texas, with travel to the WLNG Vancouver Office, Squamish (site), Ottawa and other locations.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Document Controller.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.