The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
As a Deputy Project Director – Onshore, you will be an integral part of Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team responsible for managing key areas of the project post-FID through to the handover of operations. The successful candidate will report directly to the Project Director and take ownership of projects through the EPC phase, which is expected to last for 5 to 6 years.
The successful applicant will:
- Manage all aspects of project execution in Canada, primarily at the site, including HSSE, Quality, Project Services, Procurement, Subcontracts, Regulatory & Permitting, Interface Management, Early Works, Site Construction, Logistics, Pipeline Oversight, and Commissioning Support for handover to Operation.
- Supervise the local Project Management Team with members across the WLNG Vancouver office and the project site.
- Manage EPC Contractors and other onsite local contractors and subcontractors.
- Develop and implement Canadian site-specific plans and support the overall execution of core projects.
- Coordinate with WLNG’s BU, core PMT, Regulatory Bodies, Indigenous Groups, and local contractors – for the development, submission, and approval of all Canadian Federal, Provincial and Local permits to support the project execution strategy.
- Ensure that all areas of responsibility meet the oil and gas industry and Canadian codes and standards for safety, regulatory, and environmental compliance.
- Be accountable for managing scopes of work, procurement, subcontracts, logistics, interfaces, cost, schedule, risk management, change management in Canada, and forecasting to deliver the project within budget.
- Provide accurate reporting promptly.
- Prepare all documentation for commissioning, startup, and handover of the LNG Facility to the operations team.
- Build strong relationships with regulatory agencies, indigenous groups, FortisBC, BC Hydro, and local contractors to support project execution.
- Prepare the final project closeout report for areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- 20+ years of global experience in major capital projects in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience in the various execution phases of project management, including engineering, construction, and commissioning.
- 10+ years of major capital project experience in Canada, primarily in British Columbia.
- LNG project and marine facilities project experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge/experience in the construction and commissioning of LNG, gas compression, and gas processing facilities is preferred.
- Practical working knowledge/experience in HSSE, quality, contracts, project controls (cost and planning), procurement, materials management, and logistics.
- At least 15+ years of direct supervisory experience managing large teams.
- Experience working on $1.0+ Billion EPC projects.
- Ability to balance technical decision-making with commercial considerations to protect the project’s goals, objectives, cost, and schedule.
- Team player with proven management and leadership skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships quickly in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, and multi-company environments.
- Ability to support project execution teams during meetings, workshops, and audits.
- As required, the position is based in Squamish, BC, with travel to the EPC contractor’s office in Houston and other locations.
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.