The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Woodfibre is seeking a Cost Specialist candidate, reporting to the Cost Manager, to perform project cost control and cost reporting activities from execution through handover to Operations. The EPC phase of the project is expected to be 4 to 5 years; the position can be a staff position or a contract, based on terms and conditions. The position will be based in Houston, Texas, USA.
The Cost Specialist’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contribute to implementing cost control and cost estimating plans and procedures and provide input into other essential PMT plans and strategies.
- Review EPC contractor and supplier cost control and cost estimating plans, procedures and associated activities, including change management and reporting for fitness and ensure EPC contractors abide by such guidelines.
- Maintain project work breakdown structure (WBS) and cost breakdown structure (CBS).
- Implement a cost control and reporting database system to be selected by WLNG. Ensure commitments, expenditures, the value of work done, forecasts and all other cost information is accurately loaded and maintained within the system. Ensure the system can provide meaningful cost reports as required by WLNG staff and management.
- Manage elements of the project budgets and forecasts, including annual and monthly budgets, to ensure proper capture, recording and forecasting of actual costs, commitments, trends, forecasting and contingency.
- Coordinate cost estimates for new scopes of work and other changes working with PMT members to build supporting documentation and support negotiations to formalize cost and schedule impacts
- Coordinate timely production of accurate weekly and monthly cost reporting across all project groups.
- Build and present project cost presentations as required.
- Quantify the potential impact of risks to scope, cost and schedule. Identify and propose mitigation steps to minimize or eliminate effects.
- Verify invoices and amounts for payment per contractual terms and conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or equivalent.
- 20+ years of project experience in major capital projects in the oil and gas industry, LNG project experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge and experience in cost engineering and controls with solid experience in budgeting, cost forecasting, change management, cost estimating and risk management.
- Direct experience in other project controls disciplines (estimating, planning, risk management, document management).
- At least 10+ years of direct supervisory experience in client project control teams.
- I have worked on at least one $2.0+ Billion EPC lump sum project as Cost Controls Lead or Project Controls Manager.
- Team player with proven management and leadership skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills across all levels of staff and management and other stakeholders.
- Proficient using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with specialized cost software packages, including PIMS and PRISM.
- Ability to build relationships quickly in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, and multi-company environments.
- In carrying out the role, the Cost Specialist shall:
- Work in contractor offices and visit project sites as required to manage the various cost control and forecasting responsibilities.
- Travel globally to support the project execution, as required, for meetings, workshops, and audits.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Cost Specialist.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.