The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Construction Manager, Pipeline, is integral to Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. WLNG is seeking a Construction Manager, Pipeline, to work with FortisBC on behalf of WLNG to optimize pipeline project cost, schedule, and quality. Pipeline construction will begin in mid-2023, with in-service by mid-2026. EPC management is based in the Greater Vancouver area. Prior to construction, this position will be based in FortisBC’s Project Management Team office in Surrey. Once construction gets underway, up to 70% of your time will be spent in the field to oversee construction activities. The position will work closely with FortisBC, its contractors and subcontractors. This role is a 3-year term position and reports to the WLNG Project Manager, Pipeline.
The successful applicant will:
- Provide WLNG input to FortisBC procurement and construction strategy, while executing to optimize project cost, schedule, and quality.
- Provide input on alternative facilities and pipeline construction strategies to optimize constructability, risk, schedule, and cost.
- Support FortisBC and their contractors in securing the regulatory authorizations necessary for project execution from First Nations, federal, provincial, and municipal jurisdictions.
- Identify and capitalize on synergies between FortisBC and WLNG construction activities at the Woodfibre site to optimize cost and schedule.
- Review and input on a quality management plan, quality assurance plan, quality control requirements, and ongoing quality control.
- Liaise with FortisBC and WLNG management.
- Ensure international standards and best practices are adopted.
- 100% compliance with health and safety and environmental requirements.
- Input to WLNG weekly and monthly reporting, including construction progress, cost and schedule.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- 15-20 years of pipeline project execution experience, including both the development and construction phases.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills with an increased ability to influence outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to provide low-cost solutions to complex pipeline challenges.
- Proven track record of delivering projects safely, on time, and within budget to the level of quality specified in the contracts.
- Experience in tunnelling and micro-tunnelling preferred.
- Previous experience in Canadian regulatory requirements is preferred.
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Communication/interpersonal skills – interacting with front-line workers through to management and all hierarchical levels.
- Accepts responsibility and demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of tasks and targets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be Innovative and vision-oriented with demonstrated ability to undertake strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks and changing priorities within tight time frames.
- Demonstrates and seeks accountability within the team.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs (e.g., MS Office).
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- A valid driver’s license/abstract and passport.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This role will be a combination of office and site-based positions.
- The position will be based in Surrey, BC (EGP Project Office), with travel to Squamish and the pipeline right of way with occasional visits to the Company’s Vancouver Office as required.
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG employees based in or working out of the Surrey/Vancouver office are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with our COVID-19 Vaccination guideline as a condition of being eligible for the recruitment process. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. If you cannot obtain COVID-19 vaccination for a reason related to a protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation, you can request an accommodation from Woodfibre LNG.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.