Woodfibre LNG Limited is proposing to build a 2.1 mtpa liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant and export facility at the former Woodfibre pulp mill site, on the west side of Howe Sound, seven kilometers southwest of Squamish, British Columbia (about a 1 hour drive north of Vancouver and accessible only by water).
Using renewable hydroelectricity for power, Woodfibre LNG will be the lowest-emission LNG facility in the world.
In the role of Community Engagement and Stakeholder Development Specialist, you will be an integral part of the Woodfibre Corporate Affairs team. The successful applicant will work with the District of Squamish (DoS) to maintain and grow relationships with Mayor and Council; prepare and provide information to staff regarding project progression and changes; work alongside the regulatory team to progress environmental management plans and amendment applications through the DoS planning and environmental departments; monitor weekly council meetings.
Additionally you will work with the Squamish Lillooet Regional District (SLRD) – maintain and grow relationships with SLRD Board; work alongside the regulatory team to progress environmental management plans and amendment applications through the SLRD planning and environmental departments.
The successful applicant will:
- Work to identify previously under or un-engaged community groups and develop and implement strategies to engage them.
- Build relationships directly with District of Squamish Municipal staff to ensure a smooth transition from a proposed project through construction and into operation.
- Work to identify and engage local businesses in growing the Woodfibre LNG Business Registry, and procurement processes as needed.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Affairs Team on community engagement and stakeholder relations plans and activities i.e., community events.
- Assist with issues management, and identify, monitor and execute response strategies.
- Assist with print, digital and video materials for external audiences including online communications channels i.e., Woodfibrelng.ca, askwoodfibrelng.ca, Facebook page and LinkedIn account.
- Other duties as assigned
The position will report to the Vice President of Corporate Affairs based in Vancouver.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in community relations and stakeholder management and a post-secondary education degree or diploma
- An understanding of communities and stakeholders in the Sea to Sky Corridor.
- An ability to be agile in dealing with the local community.
- Be comfortable in making public presentations from time to time.
- Be willing to work evenings and weekends at times.
- Be willing to spend as much as 90 per cent of their time in the community.
- Preference will be given to applicants who live in Squamish or in the Sea to Sky Corridor.
- A valid driver’s license is required as is access to a reliable vehicle.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with subject header Community Engagement and Stakeholder Development Specialist.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is an equal opportunity employer.