The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
WLNG is looking for a creative and innovative content creator to join our communications team in Vancouver. The successful candidate will have exceptional writing skills, experience developing high quality visual content (including video), a strong understanding of social media and other communications channels, and a knack for crafting a compelling narrative. A member of the broader Corporate Affairs team, this person will report to the Communications Director.
The successful candidate will work to increase WLNG’s influence and promote, protect and enhance the company’s reputation through credible and transparent communications activities.
- Works with the Corporate Affairs team to develop innovative communications programs to engage the community and other audiences
- Attends progress meetings, identifies risks and opportunities, anticipates communication needs and then develops the media to use, well in advance of deployment
- Leads the creation of a wide range of content, including videos, images, graphics, copy, collateral, and written products
- Manages WLNG’s organic social media profile
- Is a liaison for industry groups and prepares materials for their use
- Identifies and manages thought-leadership opportunities
- Manages Woodfibrelng.ca
- Coordinates responses to our public engagement portals such as our direct email and phone lines, as well as askwoodfibrelng.ca
- Tracks stakeholder and community feedback and develops responses
- Assists with issues management, and identifies, monitors and executes response strategies
- Develops event proposals and plans, and manages Woodfibre LNG’s public events, including but not limited to: career fairs, information sessions and media events
- 3-5 years’ of experience in corporate communications or marketing
- Degree in Communications or related field or combination of diploma in Journalism or Public Relations and experience in public relations and/or customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to absorb technical information and present it in non-complex, easily understood written and graphic formats
- Excellent visual communications skills with experience in multimedia production
- Experience managing corporate social media channels, including Facebook and LinkedIn
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in an environment with conflicting priorities
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills with a strong sense of risk management
- Strong sense of teamwork and flexibility to fill in for colleagues as required
- Position may require the ability to work some evenings or weekends to support WLNG as required.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with subject header Communications Specialist.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.