The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Commissioning Manager is an integral part of Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. You will lead the management of all Project commissioning activities in accordance with the overall Project critical path schedule and within the established startup budget. In addition, you are responsible for allocating resources to ensure successful completion, commissioning, and testing activities to ensure the safe and on-time startup of the Woodfibre LNG Plant.
The successful applicant will:
- Work closely with the commissioning Manager of the EPC Contractor to ensure that systemization is properly set up and that completion of construction dovetails into the commissioning and startup plans.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure timely recruitment and training of plant operations resources to be seconded into the commissioning team.
- Ensure adequate commissioning support contracts are in place.
- Ensure vendor training is executed during the commissioning phase of the plant.
- Be responsible for setting the quality requirements during project completion activities.
- Manage a group of company commissioning staff to witness and verify construction completion and commissioning activities in the fabrication and construction yards and on-site in Squamish, BC, to ensure the correct quality standards are met.
- Be responsible for setting up and managing permits to work and managing all HSE requirements during the commissioning of the facilities.
- Visibly lead the adherence to the company’s HSE standards.
- Sign off on pre-start-up safety review certificates on behalf of the Project.
- Be responsible for signing off on exception lists (punch lists) on behalf of the company.
- Ensure adequate first fill of all required chemicals.
- Ensure adequate cleanliness and tightness of all equipment before introducing hydrocarbons.
- Manage ‘simultaneous operations’ between construction, commissioning and startup teams.
- Be responsible for adequate commissioning progress reporting to Project and Plant Management teams.
- Ensure all commissioning performance test criteria are established, documented in procedures, and adequately met in execution.
- Support the development of clear commissioning and startup procedures.
- The Commissioning Manager is an active Woodfibre LNG Project Management Team member.
- 10+ years of plant operations and commissioning experience, including five years as a Commissioning Manager.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected), which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screening, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s in engineering preferred.
- LNG plant commissioning and startup experience preferred.
- Can work with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment.
- Communication/interpersonal skills – interacting with front-line workers through to management and all hierarchical levels.
- Accepts responsibility and demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of tasks and targets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be innovative and vision-oriented with demonstrated ability to undertake strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks and changing priorities within tight time frames.
- Demonstrates and seeks accountability within the team.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- A valid driver’s license and passport.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- This role will be a combination of office and site-based activities.
- The position is based in Squamish, BC (Project Site), with an initial stay period at the EPC contractor’s Office in Houston, followed by travel to the Module Fabrication Yard(s) in the Asia-Pacific region and visits to the WLNG’s Vancouver office as required.
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.